Vita / engl.
Vita / engl.
COMPOSER , conductor, author
Born in Remscheid in 1960.
First piano lessons at the age of five; member of children’s choir and later in the Kurrende of the Mainzer Bachchor (Choirmaster: Prof. Diethard Hellmann).
Following her Abitur in humanist subjects passed in 1979, studied Ancient Greek and Latin Philology (Classical Philology), Musicology, Theology and Philosophy at the Universities of Mainz and Tübingen – at the latter, also a member of the chamber choir ("Camerata vocalis") and orchestra of the Collegium musicum at the Eberhard Karls University (conductor: Prof. Dr. Alexander Sumski), repetiteur.
This was followed by studies in piano education (and clarinet) and choir conducting (state exam in 1985; additional advanced training in orchestral conducting) and composition in Mainz. Her composition teacher was Volker David Kirchner.
Employed as a graduate assistant at the Musicology Institute at the Johannes Gutenberg University, repetiteur for the Mainzer Bachchor and specialist assistant (to the director) for music and film productions at the German television broadcaster ZDF in Mainz. Musical-journalistic publications for ZDF, the music publisher Schott Music and the theatre Wuppertaler Bühnen and proofreading activities. Literary publications. Lecturer (working with various publishers).
Active participation in musical phenomenology courses held by Professor Sergiu Celibidache and summer courses at the Bachakademie in Stuttgart.
Additional postgraduate studies in master classes held by Professor Hans Werner Henze und Professor Krzyzstof Meyer (composition teachers) at the Hochschule für Musik und Tanz [University of Music and Dance] in Cologne (Diploma 1994). Subsequently freelance composer.
Since 1983, numerous performances in Germany and abroad, presentations within the framework of (inter)national music festivals (incl. Cantiere Internazionale d´Arte di Montepulciano/Italy). Biographical radio broadcasts (WDR, SWR, and Czech Radio). Awards.
Since 2012: musicological PhD project (Hans Werner Henze and his reception of antiquity).
Awards / Music:
- Johann Wenzel Stamitz Encouragement Prize for Composition 1993 (East German music prize)
- Composition commission 1994 from the Federal State Rhineland-Palatinate
- Composition commissions from the foundation Villa Musica (promotion of young talented composers) 1993 and 1995
- Finalist in the international composition competition for chamber music by Young composers in Leipzig 1995
- Finalist in the composition competition for orchestral works held by the Altenburg-Theater GmbH, Gera 1996
- Composition prize 1996 (composition commission) awarded by the Mozart-Gesellschaft Kurpfalz e.V.
Awards / Literature:
- ART-GEDOK-NADEL 1996 for services in art and culture
- Awards for lyric poetry within the framework of German and international literature competitions (commercial publications)
Further links (selection):